1. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
2. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
3. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
4. Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
5. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
7. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
8. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
9. Charlotte’s Web by E B White
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
(via The Sacramento Bee)
What titles would you add?
"If you wish to secure free board, free room, and free medical attention there is one infallible way of obtaining it. Walk up to the biggest policeman you can find and hit him in the face."